We know that cancer can be a scary subject
We also know that men are 16% more likely to receive a cancer diagnosis, yet are far less likely to seek medical advice and support than women.
It’s really important to be aware of the signs and symptoms of cancer. If you’re feeling stressed or worried about any changes to your body, it’s time to get back in control by taking action.
At Wessex Cancer Trust, we understand that cancer can have a physical, emotional and practical impact on your life and the lives of those around you. Even if you have stopped treatment you might still have side effects and worry about cancer coming back. We also understand that someone close to you having cancer can be difficult but there are strategies and resources to help you through.
Attending a support group can be helpful in many situations, including:
- You have recently received a cancer diagnosis and you’re having treatment
- You have finished cancer treatment but think you could gain some new skills to help you move on
- You are helping a loved one who has cancer
- You have recently lost someone close to you who had cancer
MENTalk is for any man who has cancer or who is supporting a loved one through it. The groups meets to share knowledge and experiences, and to support one another.
Our male-only cancer support group could help you:
- Get peer support. You will have people who understand what you are experiencing
- Gain knowledge. The other participants may have suggestions about dealing with side effects, or suggestions for resources and providers
- Learn coping skills and gain the tools necessary to deal with stress and to better adjust to your changing situation
- Hear from guest speakers who have expertise and opportunities for better health and wellbeing
- The meeting will be made up of three parts; table conversations, hearing from a guest speaker followed by an open conversation.
When and where does the group meet?
When: The first Thursday of the month between 7.00 pm and 8.30 pm.
Where: Ambassador Suite, AFC Bournemouth Vitality Stadium, Kings Park, BH7 7EF
For more information please email email@example.com or call 01202 315 824
**Due to COVID-19 meetings are currently taking place online, please contact us for more details**